Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, December 7, 2012 at 14:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 14:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.15 meters/second, 1613.3 km/hour, 1002.5 miles/hour or 871.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.71 mi||west||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||south||16.71 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.7"||1002.35 mi||west||0° 11' 55.2"||13.65 mi||south||1002.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 57' 44.8"||826.17 mi||east||4° 43' 30.5"||324.69 mi||south||885.04 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 6:32 AM||2713 km||1686 miles||1465 nm||SSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 9:32 AM||2824 km||1755 miles||1525 nm||SSE|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 8:32 AM||3243 km||2015 miles||1751 nm||E|
|Mexico City||Fri 8:32 AM||3291 km||2045 miles||1777 nm||NE|
|Hermosillo||Fri 7:32 AM||3664 km||2277 miles||1978 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 8:32 AM||3675 km||2283 miles||1984 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Fri 4:32 AM||3728 km||2316 miles||2013 nm||WSW|
|San Salvador||Fri 8:32 AM||3752 km||2332 miles||2026 nm||ENE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 8:32 AM||3960 km||2461 miles||2138 nm||ENE|
|Managua||Fri 8:32 AM||3966 km||2464 miles||2141 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.