Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 3:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 15:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.03 meters/second, 1612.9 km/hour, 1002.2 miles/hour or 870.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 45.4"||1002.09 mi||West||0° 11' 55.1"||13.65 mi||South||1002.07 mi|
|24 hours||11° 59' 20.1"||827.83 mi||East||4° 43' 10.2"||324.30 mi||South||886.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 6:02 AM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Fri 5:32 AM||2376 km||1476 miles||1283 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Fri 7:32 AM||2420 km||1504 miles||1307 nm||S|
|Kiritimati||Sat 5:32 AM||2751 km||1709 miles||1485 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 5:32 AM||3490 km||2169 miles||1885 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 10:32 AM||3648 km||2267 miles||1970 nm||SE|
|Honolulu||Fri 5:32 AM||3836 km||2383 miles||2071 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 4:32 AM||4256 km||2644 miles||2298 nm||W|
|Hermosillo||Fri 8:32 AM||4307 km||2676 miles||2326 nm||NNE|
|Alofi||Fri 4:32 AM||4355 km||2706 miles||2352 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.