Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 4:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 16:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.91 meters/second, 1612.5 km/hour, 1001.9 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 42.0"||1001.81 mi||West||0° 11' 54.9"||13.65 mi||South||1001.79 mi|
|24 hours||12° 00' 56.9"||829.51 mi||East||4° 42' 48.2"||323.88 mi||South||887.63 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 6:32 AM||1232 km||765 miles||665 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Fri 6:32 AM||1555 km||966 miles||840 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Fri 6:32 AM||2349 km||1460 miles||1269 nm||SSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 5:32 AM||2677 km||1663 miles||1445 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 6:32 AM||2878 km||1788 miles||1554 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 5:32 AM||2962 km||1840 miles||1599 nm||SW|
|Honolulu||Fri 6:32 AM||2970 km||1846 miles||1604 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Fri 8:32 AM||3032 km||1884 miles||1637 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Fri 4:32 AM||3230 km||2007 miles||1744 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sat 5:32 AM||3554 km||2208 miles||1919 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.