Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 5:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 39%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.79 meters/second, 1612.1 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 38.8"||1001.55 mi||West||0° 11' 54.8"||13.64 mi||South||1001.52 mi|
|24 hours||12° 02' 25.0"||831.03 mi||East||4° 42' 26.9"||323.48 mi||South||888.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kiritimati||Sat 7:26 AM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||NNE|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:26 AM||1311 km||814 miles||708 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 7:26 AM||1645 km||1022 miles||888 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Fri 5:26 AM||1804 km||1121 miles||974 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 7:26 AM||1934 km||1202 miles||1044 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 7:26 AM||1951 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Fri 6:26 AM||1963 km||1220 miles||1060 nm||SSW|
|Funafuti||Sat 5:26 AM||2280 km||1417 miles||1231 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Sat 6:26 AM||2477 km||1539 miles||1337 nm||SW|
|Suva *||Sat 6:26 AM||2770 km||1721 miles||1496 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.