Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 6:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 18:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.68 meters/second, 1611.7 km/hour, 1001.4 miles/hour or 870.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 35.9"||1001.30 mi||West||0° 11' 54.6"||13.64 mi||South||1001.27 mi|
|24 hours||12° 03' 47.5"||832.45 mi||East||4° 42' 06.1"||323.08 mi||South||889.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kanton Island||Sat 7:16 AM||180 km||112 miles||97 nm||NE|
|Rawaki||Sat 7:16 AM||237 km||148 miles||128 nm||E|
|Atafu||Sat 7:16 AM||510 km||317 miles||275 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 6:16 AM||611 km||379 miles||330 nm||NW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 7:16 AM||626 km||389 miles||338 nm||SSE|
|Howland Island||Fri 6:16 AM||672 km||418 miles||363 nm||NW|
|Funafuti||Sat 6:16 AM||1016 km||632 miles||549 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 8:16 AM||1100 km||684 miles||594 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:16 AM||1683 km||1046 miles||909 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Fri 7:16 AM||1702 km||1057 miles||919 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.