Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 6:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 18:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.64 meters/second, 1611.5 km/hour, 1001.3 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 34.7"||1001.20 mi||West||0° 11' 54.5"||13.64 mi||South||1001.16 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 20.7"||833.02 mi||East||4° 41' 57.3"||322.92 mi||South||890.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Fri 6:36 AM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Sat 6:36 AM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||SW|
|Kanton Island||Sat 7:36 AM||680 km||422 miles||367 nm||E|
|Rawaki||Sat 7:36 AM||774 km||481 miles||418 nm||E|
|Tabiteuea||Sat 6:36 AM||898 km||558 miles||485 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 7:36 AM||929 km||577 miles||502 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:36 AM||1198 km||745 miles||647 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Sat 8:36 AM||1266 km||786 miles||683 nm||SSE|
|Suva *||Sat 7:36 AM||1620 km||1006 miles||875 nm||SSW|
|Majuro||Sat 6:36 AM||1727 km||1073 miles||933 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.