Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 6:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 18:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.63 meters/second, 1611.5 km/hour, 1001.3 miles/hour or 870.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 34.5"||1001.17 mi||West||0° 11' 54.4"||13.64 mi||South||1001.14 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 27.4"||833.14 mi||East||4° 41' 55.6"||322.88 mi||South||890.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Baker Island||Fri 6:40 AM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Sat 6:40 AM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||SSW|
|Kanton Island||Sat 7:40 AM||786 km||488 miles||424 nm||E|
|Tabiteuea||Sat 6:40 AM||799 km||496 miles||431 nm||WNW|
|Rawaki||Sat 7:40 AM||881 km||548 miles||476 nm||E|
|Fakaofo||Sat 7:40 AM||1013 km||629 miles||547 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Sat 6:40 AM||1107 km||688 miles||598 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Sat 8:40 AM||1322 km||822 miles||714 nm||SE|
|Suva *||Sat 7:40 AM||1594 km||990 miles||861 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sat 6:40 AM||1651 km||1026 miles||891 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.