Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 7:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 38%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 19:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.52 meters/second, 1611.1 km/hour, 1001.1 miles/hour or 869.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.68 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.68 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 31.8"||1000.93 mi||West||0° 11' 54.2"||13.63 mi||South||1000.90 mi|
|24 hours||347° 54' 15.4"||834.46 mi||West||4° 41' 34.7"||322.49 mi||South||891.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Sat 7:26 AM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||NW|
|Tabiteuea||Sat 7:26 AM||600 km||373 miles||324 nm||ENE|
|Tarawa||Sat 7:26 AM||690 km||429 miles||373 nm||NNE|
|Funafuti||Sat 7:26 AM||1102 km||685 miles||595 nm||ESE|
|Majuro||Sat 7:26 AM||1252 km||778 miles||676 nm||N|
|Honiara||Sat 6:26 AM||1276 km||793 miles||689 nm||WSW|
|Port Vila||Sat 6:26 AM||1516 km||942 miles||818 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Fri 7:26 AM||1555 km||966 miles||840 nm||ENE|
|Suva *||Sat 8:26 AM||1784 km||1108 miles||963 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Sat 6:26 AM||1817 km||1129 miles||981 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.