Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, December 7, 2012 at 21:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 37%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 21:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.21 meters/second, 1609.9 km/hour, 1000.4 miles/hour or 869.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.67 mi||west||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||south||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 24.2"||1000.23 mi||west||0° 11' 53.3"||13.61 mi||south||1000.18 mi|
|24 hours||12° 09' 19.3"||838.11 mi||east||4° 40' 32.6"||321.31 mi||south||894.16 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jayapura||Sat 6:32 AM||249 km||155 miles||135 nm||NNE|
|Mount Hagen||Sat 7:32 AM||514 km||320 miles||278 nm||ESE|
|Manokwari||Sat 6:32 AM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||WNW|
|Lae||Sat 7:32 AM||834 km||518 miles||451 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 7:32 AM||980 km||609 miles||529 nm||SE|
|Darwin||Sat 7:02 AM||1312 km||815 miles||709 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Sat 6:32 AM||1454 km||903 miles||785 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Sat 7:32 AM||1514 km||941 miles||817 nm||SSE|
|Dili||Sat 6:32 AM||1629 km||1012 miles||880 nm||WSW|
|Manado||Sat 5:32 AM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.