Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 9:58:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 37%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 21:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 447.14 meters/second, 1609.7 kilometres/hour, 1000.2 miles/hour or 869.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 22.5"||1000.08 mi||West||0° 11' 53.1"||13.61 mi||South||1000.03 mi|
|24 hours||12° 10' 04.4"||838.87 mi||East||4° 40' 18.7"||321.04 mi||South||894.73 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Sat 6:58 AM||426 km||265 miles||230 nm||N|
|Ambon||Sat 6:58 AM||598 km||372 miles||323 nm||W|
|Jayapura||Sat 6:58 AM||837 km||520 miles||452 nm||ENE|
|Baucau||Sat 6:58 AM||883 km||548 miles||477 nm||WSW|
|Sofifi||Sat 6:58 AM||890 km||553 miles||481 nm||NW|
|Ternate||Sat 6:58 AM||908 km||564 miles||490 nm||NW|
|Darwin||Sat 7:28 AM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||SSW|
|Dili||Sat 6:58 AM||973 km||605 miles||526 nm||WSW|
|Same||Sat 6:58 AM||989 km||615 miles||534 nm||WSW|
|Manado||Sat 5:58 AM||1178 km||732 miles||636 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.