Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 10:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 22:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.07 meters/second, 1609.4 km/hour, 1000.1 miles/hour or 869.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.4"||16.67 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 20.8"||999.91 mi||West||0° 11' 52.8"||13.61 mi||South||999.86 mi|
|24 hours||12° 10' 53.2"||839.69 mi||East||4° 40' 03.5"||320.75 mi||South||895.34 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ambon||Sat 7:26 AM||202 km||125 miles||109 nm||NE|
|Baucau||Sat 7:26 AM||410 km||255 miles||221 nm||S|
|Dili||Sat 7:26 AM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||SSW|
|Kendari||Sat 6:26 AM||473 km||294 miles||255 nm||W|
|Same||Sat 7:26 AM||483 km||300 miles||261 nm||SSW|
|Suai||Sat 7:26 AM||528 km||328 miles||285 nm||SSW|
|Sofifi||Sat 7:26 AM||616 km||383 miles||333 nm||N|
|Ternate||Sat 7:26 AM||618 km||384 miles||334 nm||N|
|Kupang||Sat 6:26 AM||689 km||428 miles||372 nm||SSW|
|Gorontalo||Sat 6:26 AM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.