Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, December 7, 2012 at 11:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 36%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, December 7, 2012 at 23:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.93 meters/second, 1608.9 km/hour, 999.8 miles/hour or 868.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.66 mi||West||0° 00' 11.8"||0.23 mi||South||16.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 17.6"||999.61 mi||West||0° 11' 52.4"||13.60 mi||South||999.55 mi|
|24 hours||12° 12' 20.8"||841.17 mi||East||4° 39' 35.3"||320.22 mi||South||896.44 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Banjarmasin||Sat 7:16 AM||178 km||110 miles||96 nm||N|
|Palangka Raya||Sat 6:16 AM||311 km||193 miles||168 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Sat 6:16 AM||331 km||206 miles||179 nm||SW|
|Singaraja||Sat 7:16 AM||356 km||221 miles||192 nm||S|
|Malang||Sat 6:16 AM||402 km||250 miles||217 nm||SSW|
|Denpasar||Sat 7:16 AM||417 km||259 miles||225 nm||S|
|Kediri||Sat 6:16 AM||430 km||267 miles||232 nm||SW|
|Mataram||Sat 7:16 AM||436 km||271 miles||235 nm||SSE|
|Madiun||Sat 6:16 AM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||SW|
|Kudus||Sat 6:16 AM||468 km||291 miles||253 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.