Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 3:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 34%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 03:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.09 meters/second, 1605.9 km/hour, 997.9 miles/hour or 867.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.9"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.7"||0.23 mi||South||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 59.2"||997.73 mi||West||0° 11' 48.8"||13.53 mi||South||997.64 mi|
|24 hours||12° 20' 51.4"||849.64 mi||East||4° 36' 32.3"||316.74 mi||South||902.62 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mutsamudu||Sat 6:58 AM||733 km||455 miles||396 nm||SSW|
|Moroni||Sat 6:58 AM||735 km||457 miles||397 nm||SSW|
|Fomboni||Sat 6:58 AM||771 km||479 miles||416 nm||SSW|
|Mamoutzou||Sat 6:58 AM||777 km||483 miles||420 nm||S|
|Mombasa||Sat 6:58 AM||779 km||484 miles||420 nm||WNW|
|Dar es Salaam||Sat 6:58 AM||800 km||497 miles||432 nm||W|
|Zanzibar City||Sat 6:58 AM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||W|
|Mogadishu||Sat 6:58 AM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||N|
|Garissa||Sat 6:58 AM||965 km||600 miles||521 nm||NW|
|Victoria||Sat 7:58 AM||1006 km||625 miles||543 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.