Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 12:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 30%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 12:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 444.25 meters/second, 1599.3 kilometres/hour, 993.8 miles/hour or 863.5 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 22.1"||993.57 mi||West||0° 11' 38.0"||13.32 mi||South||993.44 mi|
|24 hours||12° 37' 33.9"||865.81 mi||East||4° 29' 06.3"||308.25 mi||South||913.98 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Trujillo||Sat 7:36 AM||73 km||45 miles||39 nm||SSW|
|Chiclayo||Sat 7:36 AM||154 km||96 miles||83 nm||NW|
|Loja||Sat 7:36 AM||397 km||247 miles||214 nm||N|
|Cuenca||Sat 7:36 AM||516 km||320 miles||278 nm||N|
|Callao||Sat 7:36 AM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||SSE|
|Lima||Sat 7:36 AM||530 km||330 miles||286 nm||SSE|
|Guayaquil||Sat 7:36 AM||605 km||376 miles||327 nm||NNW|
|Iquitos||Sat 7:36 AM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||NE|
|Quito||Sat 7:36 AM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||N|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sat 7:36 AM||916 km||569 miles||495 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.