Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 28%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, December 8, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.78 meters/second, 1594.0 km/hour, 990.5 miles/hour or 860.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.9"||16.51 mi||West||0° 00' 11.5"||0.22 mi||South||16.51 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 54.9"||990.29 mi||West||0° 11' 27.6"||13.13 mi||South||990.12 mi|
|24 hours||12° 49' 33.2"||877.06 mi||East||4° 22' 40.1"||300.90 mi||South||921.59 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fakaofo||Sun 7:26 AM||884 km||550 miles||478 nm||W|
|Rawaki||Sun 7:26 AM||996 km||619 miles||538 nm||WNW|
|Apia *||Sun 8:26 AM||1097 km||682 miles||592 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 8:26 AM||1334 km||829 miles||721 nm||NNE|
|Alofi||Sat 7:26 AM||1359 km||844 miles||734 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 8:26 AM||1437 km||893 miles||776 nm||SSE|
|Baker Island||Sat 6:26 AM||1770 km||1100 miles||956 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Sat 8:26 AM||1772 km||1101 miles||957 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Sun 7:26 AM||1888 km||1173 miles||1019 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Sun 6:26 AM||1939 km||1205 miles||1047 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.