Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 12:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 00:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 441.16 meters/second, 1588.2 kilometres/hour, 986.9 miles/hour or 857.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.21 mi||South||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 26.2"||986.65 mi||West||0° 11' 14.4"||12.87 mi||South||986.45 mi|
|24 hours||13° 02' 00.6"||888.47 mi||East||4° 15' 01.7"||292.17 mi||South||929.10 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Malang||Sun 7:16 AM||202 km||125 miles||109 nm||N|
|Kediri||Sun 7:16 AM||221 km||137 miles||119 nm||N|
|Madiun||Sun 7:16 AM||255 km||158 miles||138 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Sun 7:16 AM||281 km||175 miles||152 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Sun 7:16 AM||296 km||184 miles||160 nm||NW|
|Yogyakarta||Sun 7:16 AM||309 km||192 miles||167 nm||NW|
|Denpasar||Sun 8:16 AM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||ENE|
|Singaraja||Sun 8:16 AM||352 km||219 miles||190 nm||ENE|
|Kudus||Sun 7:16 AM||368 km||228 miles||198 nm||NNW|
|Semarang||Sun 7:16 AM||376 km||234 miles||203 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.