Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 12:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 25%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.11 meters/second, 1588.0 km/hour, 986.7 miles/hour or 857.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 11.2"||0.21 mi||South||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 25.3"||986.54 mi||West||0° 11' 14.0"||12.87 mi||South||986.34 mi|
|24 hours||13° 02' 22.3"||888.80 mi||East||4° 14' 47.7"||291.90 mi||South||929.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yogyakarta||Sun 7:26 AM||227 km||141 miles||123 nm||NNE|
|Surakarta||Sun 7:26 AM||266 km||166 miles||144 nm||NNE|
|Madiun||Sun 7:26 AM||297 km||185 miles||160 nm||NE|
|Semarang||Sun 7:26 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||N|
|Kediri||Sun 7:26 AM||317 km||197 miles||171 nm||NE|
|Pekalongan||Sun 7:26 AM||324 km||201 miles||175 nm||N|
|Tasikmalaya||Sun 7:26 AM||334 km||207 miles||180 nm||NW|
|Tegal||Sun 7:26 AM||337 km||210 miles||182 nm||NNW|
|Kudus||Sun 7:26 AM||346 km||215 miles||187 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Sun 7:26 AM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.