Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 7:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 07:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 438.98 meters/second, 1580.3 kilometres/hour, 982.0 miles/hour or 853.3 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.9"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||South||16.37 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 49.0"||981.75 mi||West||0° 10' 54.2"||12.49 mi||South||981.52 mi|
|24 hours||13° 17' 48.1"||902.56 mi||East||4° 03' 56.5"||279.49 mi||South||938.10 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luanda||Sun 8:26 AM||561 km||349 miles||303 nm||ENE|
|Lubango||Sun 8:26 AM||673 km||418 miles||364 nm||SE|
|Cabinda||Sun 8:26 AM||727 km||452 miles||392 nm||NNE|
|Pointe-Noire||Sun 8:26 AM||784 km||487 miles||423 nm||NNE|
|Huambo||Sun 8:26 AM||793 km||493 miles||428 nm||ESE|
|Uíge||Sun 8:26 AM||803 km||499 miles||434 nm||ENE|
|Malanje||Sun 8:26 AM||860 km||534 miles||464 nm||E|
|Dolisie||Sun 8:26 AM||883 km||549 miles||477 nm||NNE|
|Opuwo *||Sun 9:26 AM||951 km||591 miles||513 nm||SE|
|Kinshasa||Sun 8:26 AM||1049 km||652 miles||567 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.