Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 11:16:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 21%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 11:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.74 meters/second, 1575.9 km/hour, 979.2 miles/hour or 850.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.32 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||South||16.32 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 28.3"||978.97 mi||West||0° 10' 41.4"||12.25 mi||South||978.72 mi|
|24 hours||13° 26' 23.8"||910.05 mi||East||3° 57' 13.1"||271.80 mi||South||942.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Barreiras||Sun 8:16 AM||198 km||123 miles||107 nm||ESE|
|Palmas *||Sun 9:16 AM||246 km||153 miles||133 nm||NW|
|Brasilia *||Sun 9:16 AM||458 km||285 miles||247 nm||SSW|
|Goiânia *||Sun 9:16 AM||603 km||374 miles||325 nm||SSW|
|Salvador||Sun 8:16 AM||912 km||567 miles||493 nm||E|
|Belém||Sun 8:16 AM||1159 km||720 miles||626 nm||N|
|Fortaleza||Sun 8:16 AM||1275 km||792 miles||688 nm||NE|
|Guarulhos *||Sun 9:16 AM||1291 km||802 miles||697 nm||S|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 9:16 AM||1294 km||804 miles||699 nm||SSE|
|São Paulo *||Sun 9:16 AM||1301 km||808 miles||702 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.