Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 12:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 20%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 12:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 437.30 meters/second, 1574.3 km/hour, 978.2 miles/hour or 850.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.3"||16.30 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.30 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 21.1"||977.98 mi||West||0° 10' 36.8"||12.16 mi||South||977.73 mi|
|24 hours||13° 29' 23.9"||912.65 mi||East||3° 54' 44.8"||268.98 mi||South||944.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Riberalta||Sun 8:36 AM||113 km||70 miles||61 nm||N|
|Rio Branco||Sun 8:36 AM||298 km||185 miles||161 nm||NW|
|Cobija||Sun 8:36 AM||316 km||196 miles||170 nm||WNW|
|Porto Velho||Sun 8:36 AM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||NNE|
|La Paz||Sun 8:36 AM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||SSW|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Sun 7:36 AM||713 km||443 miles||385 nm||W|
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Sun 8:36 AM||730 km||454 miles||394 nm||SE|
|Sucre||Sun 8:36 AM||779 km||484 miles||421 nm||S|
|Manaus||Sun 8:36 AM||1190 km||739 miles||642 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sun 7:36 AM||1195 km||743 miles||645 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.