Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 5:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.66 meters/second, 1568.4 km/hour, 974.5 miles/hour or 846.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.24 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||South||16.24 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 54.3"||974.30 mi||West||0° 10' 18.3"||11.81 mi||South||974.03 mi|
|24 hours||13° 40' 18.6"||921.94 mi||East||3° 45' 13.2"||258.08 mi||South||950.08 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 7:56 AM||581 km||361 miles||314 nm||NW|
|Adamstown||Sun 9:26 AM||1481 km||920 miles||800 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sun 7:26 AM||1553 km||965 miles||839 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 7:26 AM||2699 km||1677 miles||1457 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 7:26 AM||2874 km||1786 miles||1552 nm||WNW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 12:26 PM||3184 km||1979 miles||1719 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sun 6:26 AM||3698 km||2298 miles||1996 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 6:26 AM||3871 km||2406 miles||2090 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 7:26 AM||3882 km||2412 miles||2096 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Mon 6:26 AM||4270 km||2653 miles||2306 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.