Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 6:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.32 meters/second, 1567.1 km/hour, 973.8 miles/hour or 846.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||South||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 48.7"||973.52 mi||West||0° 10' 14.2"||11.73 mi||South||973.25 mi|
|24 hours||13° 42' 34.0"||923.84 mi||East||3° 43' 08.1"||255.69 mi||South||951.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sun 8:26 AM||503 km||313 miles||272 nm||S|
|Rarotonga||Sun 8:26 AM||1349 km||838 miles||729 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 8:26 AM||1821 km||1131 miles||983 nm||NNW|
|Alofi||Sun 7:26 AM||2194 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Mon 7:26 AM||2311 km||1436 miles||1248 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 8:26 AM||2319 km||1441 miles||1252 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Sun 10:26 AM||2508 km||1558 miles||1354 nm||SE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 7:26 AM||2786 km||1731 miles||1504 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sun 6:26 AM||3233 km||2009 miles||1746 nm||WNW|
|Funafuti||Mon 6:26 AM||3364 km||2090 miles||1817 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.