Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 7:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 18%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 19:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.97 meters/second, 1565.9 km/hour, 973.0 miles/hour or 845.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||South||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 43.0"||972.74 mi||West||0° 10' 10.0"||11.65 mi||South||972.47 mi|
|24 hours||13° 44' 49.1"||925.73 mi||East||3° 41' 00.9"||253.26 mi||South||952.37 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Pago Pago||Sun 8:26 AM||648 km||403 miles||350 nm||W|
|Apia *||Mon 9:26 AM||756 km||470 miles||408 nm||W|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Mon 9:26 AM||804 km||500 miles||434 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Mon 8:26 AM||818 km||508 miles||442 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sun 8:26 AM||845 km||525 miles||456 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 9:26 AM||1035 km||643 miles||559 nm||SSE|
|Nukualofa||Mon 8:26 AM||1409 km||876 miles||761 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sun 9:26 AM||1704 km||1059 miles||920 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Mon 7:26 AM||1824 km||1133 miles||985 nm||WNW|
|Kiritimati||Mon 9:26 AM||1862 km||1157 miles||1005 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.