Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 8:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 17%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 20:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 434.57 meters/second, 1564.5 km/hour, 972.1 miles/hour or 844.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.20 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||South||16.20 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 36.6"||971.85 mi||West||0° 10' 05.1"||11.56 mi||South||971.58 mi|
|24 hours||346° 12' 37.6"||927.86 mi||West||3° 38' 33.7"||250.46 mi||South||953.65 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Labasa *||Mon 9:34 AM||339 km||211 miles||183 nm||S|
|Levuka *||Mon 9:34 AM||472 km||293 miles||255 nm||S|
|Lautoka *||Mon 9:34 AM||486 km||302 miles||263 nm||SSW|
|Nadi *||Mon 9:34 AM||508 km||316 miles||274 nm||SSW|
|Suva *||Mon 9:34 AM||524 km||326 miles||283 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Mon 8:34 AM||543 km||337 miles||293 nm||N|
|Mata-Utu||Mon 8:34 AM||543 km||338 miles||293 nm||E|
|Neiafu||Mon 9:34 AM||964 km||599 miles||520 nm||SE|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Mon 10:34 AM||971 km||603 miles||524 nm||E|
|Pangai||Mon 9:34 AM||1016 km||631 miles||548 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.