Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 11:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 9, 2012 at 23:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.50 meters/second, 1560.6 km/hour, 969.7 miles/hour or 842.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.16 mi||West||0° 00' 09.8"||0.19 mi||South||16.16 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 19.5"||969.45 mi||West||0° 09' 51.5"||11.30 mi||South||969.17 mi|
|24 hours||13° 54' 10.2"||933.48 mi||East||3° 31' 45.1"||242.66 mi||South||957.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Mon 9:06 AM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||WNW|
|Tennant Creek||Mon 9:06 AM||640 km||398 miles||346 nm||S|
|Alice Springs||Mon 9:06 AM||1089 km||677 miles||588 nm||S|
|Dili||Mon 8:36 AM||1188 km||738 miles||642 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Mon 9:36 AM||1202 km||747 miles||649 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Mon 8:36 AM||1406 km||874 miles||759 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 9:36 AM||1416 km||880 miles||765 nm||ENE|
|Manokwari||Mon 8:36 AM||1447 km||899 miles||782 nm||N|
|Makassar||Mon 7:36 AM||1967 km||1222 miles||1062 nm||WNW|
|Manado||Mon 7:36 AM||2041 km||1268 miles||1102 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.