Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 12:46:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 00:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 433.09 meters/second, 1559.1 kilometres/hour, 968.8 miles/hour or 841.9 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.3"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 12.9"||968.52 mi||West||0° 09' 46.0"||11.19 mi||South||968.23 mi|
|24 hours||13° 56' 46.2"||935.61 mi||East||3° 29' 02.3"||239.56 mi||South||958.28 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Raba||Mon 8:46 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||N|
|Mataram||Mon 8:46 AM||652 km||405 miles||352 nm||NNW|
|Denpasar||Mon 8:46 AM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||NNW|
|Ende||Mon 8:46 AM||695 km||432 miles||376 nm||NNE|
|Kupang||Mon 8:46 AM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||NE|
|Singaraja||Mon 8:46 AM||744 km||462 miles||402 nm||NNW|
|Malang||Mon 7:46 AM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||NW|
|Suai||Mon 9:46 AM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Mon 7:46 AM||962 km||598 miles||519 nm||NW|
|Same||Mon 9:46 AM||992 km||617 miles||536 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.