Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 1:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 16%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 01:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 432.85 meters/second, 1558.3 kilometres/hour, 968.3 miles/hour or 841.4 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.1"||16.14 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 09.0"||967.98 mi||West||0° 09' 42.8"||11.13 mi||South||967.70 mi|
|24 hours||13° 58' 15.0"||936.81 mi||East||3° 27' 27.8"||237.76 mi||South||959.00 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Mon 8:26 AM||523 km||325 miles||283 nm||NW|
|Surakarta||Mon 8:26 AM||777 km||483 miles||420 nm||NNE|
|Bandung||Mon 8:26 AM||814 km||506 miles||439 nm||N|
|Malang||Mon 8:26 AM||823 km||511 miles||444 nm||NNE|
|Semarang||Mon 8:26 AM||826 km||513 miles||446 nm||NNE|
|Bogor||Mon 8:26 AM||865 km||537 miles||467 nm||NNW|
|Surabaya||Mon 8:26 AM||896 km||557 miles||484 nm||NNE|
|Bekasi||Mon 8:26 AM||899 km||559 miles||486 nm||N|
|Jakarta||Mon 8:26 AM||913 km||567 miles||493 nm||NNW|
|Denpasar||Mon 9:26 AM||954 km||593 miles||515 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.