Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 6:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 06:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.00 meters/second, 1551.6 kilometres/hour, 964.1 miles/hour or 837.8 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.7"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 39.7"||963.82 mi||West||0° 09' 16.6"||10.63 mi||South||963.53 mi|
|24 hours||14° 09' 34.8"||945.93 mi||East||3° 14' 41.3"||223.13 mi||South||964.37 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lilongwe||Mon 8:36 AM||119 km||74 miles||64 nm||N|
|Blantyre||Mon 8:36 AM||138 km||86 miles||75 nm||SE|
|Zomba||Mon 8:36 AM||151 km||94 miles||81 nm||ESE|
|Chipata||Mon 8:36 AM||211 km||131 miles||114 nm||NW|
|Mzuzu||Mon 8:36 AM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||N|
|Harare||Mon 8:36 AM||439 km||273 miles||237 nm||SW|
|Chitungwiza||Mon 8:36 AM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||SW|
|Mutare||Mon 8:36 AM||457 km||284 miles||247 nm||SSW|
|Beira||Mon 8:36 AM||538 km||334 miles||291 nm||S|
|Karonga||Mon 8:36 AM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.