Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 7:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 07:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 430.70 meters/second, 1550.5 kilometres/hour, 963.4 miles/hour or 837.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.5"||16.06 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.18 mi||South||16.06 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 34.9"||963.15 mi||West||0° 09' 12.1"||10.55 mi||South||962.86 mi|
|24 hours||14° 11' 22.6"||947.35 mi||East||3° 12' 31.9"||220.66 mi||South||965.21 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mongu||Mon 9:26 AM||128 km||79 miles||69 nm||E|
|Rundu *||Mon 9:26 AM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||SW|
|Luena||Mon 8:26 AM||435 km||270 miles||235 nm||NNW|
|Menongue||Mon 8:26 AM||461 km||286 miles||249 nm||W|
|Maun||Mon 9:26 AM||557 km||346 miles||301 nm||SSE|
|Lusaka||Mon 9:26 AM||680 km||423 miles||367 nm||E|
|Kabwe||Mon 9:26 AM||705 km||438 miles||380 nm||E|
|Lubumbashi||Mon 9:26 AM||714 km||443 miles||385 nm||ENE|
|Huambo||Mon 8:26 AM||722 km||449 miles||390 nm||WNW|
|Ghanzi||Mon 9:26 AM||723 km||449 miles||391 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.