Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 8:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 08:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.34 meters/second, 1549.2 km/hour, 962.6 miles/hour or 836.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 09.2"||0.17 mi||South||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 29.3"||962.35 mi||West||0° 09' 06.7"||10.44 mi||South||962.05 mi|
|24 hours||14° 13' 31.2"||949.05 mi||East||3° 09' 54.6"||217.66 mi||South||966.19 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lubango||Mon 9:26 AM||643 km||400 miles||347 nm||E|
|Opuwo *||Mon 10:26 AM||738 km||459 miles||399 nm||ESE|
|Huambo||Mon 9:26 AM||930 km||578 miles||502 nm||ENE|
|Luanda||Mon 9:26 AM||949 km||590 miles||513 nm||NE|
|Windhoek *||Mon 10:26 AM||1286 km||799 miles||695 nm||SE|
|Jamestown||Mon 8:26 AM||1421 km||883 miles||767 nm||W|
|Kinshasa||Mon 9:26 AM||1486 km||923 miles||802 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Mon 9:26 AM||1489 km||926 miles||804 nm||NE|
|São Tomé||Mon 8:26 AM||1734 km||1078 miles||937 nm||N|
|Libreville||Mon 9:26 AM||1751 km||1088 miles||946 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.