Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 8:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 13%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 08:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.29 meters/second, 1549.0 km/hour, 962.5 miles/hour or 836.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||16.04 mi||West||0° 00' 09.0"||0.17 mi||South||16.04 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 28.4"||962.24 mi||West||0° 09' 06.0"||10.43 mi||South||961.94 mi|
|24 hours||14° 13' 48.3"||949.27 mi||East||3° 09' 33.6"||217.25 mi||South||966.33 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Lubango||Mon 9:34 AM||850 km||528 miles||459 nm||E|
|Opuwo *||Mon 10:34 AM||929 km||577 miles||501 nm||ESE|
|Luanda||Mon 9:34 AM||1099 km||683 miles||593 nm||NE|
|Jamestown||Mon 8:34 AM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||W|
|Windhoek *||Mon 10:34 AM||1449 km||900 miles||782 nm||SE|
|Kinshasa||Mon 9:34 AM||1618 km||1005 miles||873 nm||NE|
|Brazzaville||Mon 9:34 AM||1621 km||1007 miles||875 nm||NE|
|São Tomé||Mon 8:34 AM||1739 km||1081 miles||939 nm||N|
|Libreville||Mon 9:34 AM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||NNE|
|Malabo||Mon 9:34 AM||2141 km||1330 miles||1156 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.