Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 11:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 11:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 429.20 meters/second, 1545.1 km/hour, 960.1 miles/hour or 834.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.2"||16.00 mi||West||0° 00' 08.8"||0.17 mi||South||16.00 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 11.3"||959.80 mi||West||0° 08' 48.8"||10.10 mi||South||959.50 mi|
|24 hours||14° 20' 12.3"||954.27 mi||East||3° 01' 21.8"||207.87 mi||South||969.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ilhéus||Mon 8:36 AM||147 km||91 miles||80 nm||NW|
|Itabuna||Mon 8:36 AM||165 km||103 miles||89 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Mon 8:36 AM||314 km||195 miles||169 nm||N|
|Vitória *||Mon 9:36 AM||548 km||340 miles||296 nm||SSW|
|Recife||Mon 8:36 AM||927 km||576 miles||500 nm||NNE|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Mon 9:36 AM||953 km||592 miles||515 nm||SSW|
|Brasilia *||Mon 9:36 AM||1043 km||648 miles||563 nm||W|
|São Paulo *||Mon 9:36 AM||1235 km||768 miles||667 nm||SW|
|Fortaleza||Mon 8:36 AM||1336 km||830 miles||721 nm||N|
|Belém||Mon 8:36 AM||1950 km||1212 miles||1053 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.