Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 1:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 13:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.60 meters/second, 1543.0 km/hour, 958.8 miles/hour or 833.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.98 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||15.98 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 01.9"||958.46 mi||West||0° 08' 39.0"||9.91 mi||South||958.16 mi|
|24 hours||14° 23' 39.0"||956.93 mi||East||2° 56' 42.9"||202.55 mi||South||970.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Mon 9:16 AM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||ESE|
|Santa Cruz||Mon 9:16 AM||220 km||137 miles||119 nm||SSW|
|Sucre||Mon 9:16 AM||465 km||289 miles||251 nm||SW|
|La Paz||Mon 9:16 AM||638 km||396 miles||344 nm||W|
|Riberalta||Mon 9:16 AM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||NW|
|Cobija||Mon 9:16 AM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||NW|
|Rio Branco||Mon 9:16 AM||908 km||564 miles||490 nm||NW|
|Asuncion *||Mon 10:16 AM||1127 km||700 miles||608 nm||SSE|
|Manaus||Mon 9:16 AM||1449 km||901 miles||783 nm||N|
|Brasilia *||Mon 11:16 AM||1531 km||951 miles||827 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.