Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 1:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 13:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.42 meters/second, 1542.3 km/hour, 958.4 miles/hour or 832.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.97 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.17 mi||South||15.97 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 59.1"||958.06 mi||West||0° 08' 36.0"||9.86 mi||South||957.76 mi|
|24 hours||14° 24' 40.2"||957.71 mi||East||2° 55' 18.2"||200.93 mi||South||971.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|La Paz||Mon 9:46 AM||141 km||88 miles||76 nm||ESE|
|Arequipa||Mon 8:46 AM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||W|
|Cochabamba||Mon 9:46 AM||373 km||232 miles||201 nm||ESE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Mon 8:46 AM||470 km||292 miles||254 nm||NW|
|Sucre||Mon 9:46 AM||544 km||338 miles||294 nm||SE|
|Cobija||Mon 9:46 AM||567 km||353 miles||306 nm||N|
|Riberalta||Mon 9:46 AM||670 km||416 miles||362 nm||NNE|
|Santa Cruz||Mon 9:46 AM||687 km||427 miles||371 nm||ESE|
|Rio Branco||Mon 9:46 AM||700 km||435 miles||378 nm||NNE|
|Antofagasta *||Mon 10:46 AM||840 km||522 miles||454 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.