Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 2:34:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 14:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.14 meters/second, 1541.3 km/hour, 957.7 miles/hour or 832.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 54.8"||957.42 mi||West||0° 08' 31.1"||9.76 mi||South||957.13 mi|
|24 hours||14° 26' 17.8"||958.95 mi||East||2° 53' 01.3"||198.32 mi||South||971.95 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Callao||Mon 9:34 AM||619 km||385 miles||334 nm||NE|
|Lima||Mon 9:34 AM||624 km||388 miles||337 nm||NE|
|Trujillo||Mon 9:34 AM||922 km||573 miles||498 nm||NNE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Mon 9:34 AM||966 km||600 miles||522 nm||ENE|
|Arequipa||Mon 9:34 AM||1003 km||623 miles||542 nm||E|
|La Paz||Mon 10:34 AM||1367 km||849 miles||738 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Mon 9:34 AM||1555 km||966 miles||839 nm||N|
|Rio Branco||Mon 10:34 AM||1579 km||981 miles||853 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Mon 10:34 AM||1690 km||1050 miles||913 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Mon 9:34 AM||1791 km||1113 miles||967 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.