Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 2:36:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 11%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 14:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.13 meters/second, 1541.3 km/hour, 957.7 miles/hour or 832.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.0"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 08.5"||0.16 mi||South||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 54.5"||957.40 mi||West||0° 08' 30.8"||9.76 mi||South||957.10 mi|
|24 hours||14° 26' 21.8"||959.01 mi||East||2° 52' 55.7"||198.21 mi||South||971.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Callao||Mon 9:36 AM||655 km||407 miles||353 nm||NE|
|Lima||Mon 9:36 AM||660 km||410 miles||357 nm||NE|
|Trujillo||Mon 9:36 AM||935 km||581 miles||505 nm||NNE|
|Machu Picchu Pueblo||Mon 9:36 AM||1015 km||631 miles||548 nm||ENE|
|La Paz||Mon 10:36 AM||1418 km||881 miles||766 nm||E|
|Guayaquil||Mon 9:36 AM||1560 km||969 miles||842 nm||N|
|Rio Branco||Mon 10:36 AM||1627 km||1011 miles||878 nm||ENE|
|Sucre||Mon 10:36 AM||1740 km||1081 miles||940 nm||ESE|
|Quito||Mon 9:36 AM||1800 km||1118 miles||972 nm||N|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 8:36 AM||1920 km||1193 miles||1037 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.