Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 5:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 17:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 427.13 meters/second, 1537.7 km/hour, 955.5 miles/hour or 830.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.6"||15.92 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||15.92 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 38.8"||955.15 mi||West||0° 08' 13.3"||9.42 mi||South||954.86 mi|
|24 hours||14° 32' 00.4"||963.28 mi||East||2° 44' 39.8"||188.74 mi||South||974.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Mon 9:26 AM||1241 km||771 miles||670 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Mon 12:26 PM||1764 km||1096 miles||952 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Mon 7:26 AM||2907 km||1806 miles||1570 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Mon 7:26 AM||3977 km||2471 miles||2147 nm||WSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Mon 11:26 AM||3979 km||2472 miles||2149 nm||ENE|
|Kiritimati||Tue 7:26 AM||4365 km||2712 miles||2357 nm||WNW|
|Mexico City||Mon 11:26 AM||4722 km||2934 miles||2550 nm||NNE|
|Lima||Mon 12:26 PM||4893 km||3040 miles||2642 nm||E|
|Guatemala||Mon 11:26 AM||4908 km||3050 miles||2650 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Mon 11:26 AM||4946 km||3073 miles||2671 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.