Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, December 10, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:32 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:42 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 18:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.77 meters/second, 1536.4 km/hour, 954.7 miles/hour or 829.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.91 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||south||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 33.3"||954.35 mi||west||0° 08' 06.7"||9.30 mi||south||954.06 mi|
|24 hours||14° 33' 59.2"||964.76 mi||east||2° 41' 37.3"||185.26 mi||south||975.31 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Mon 9:26 AM||734 km||456 miles||396 nm||SSE|
|Taiohae||Mon 8:56 AM||904 km||562 miles||488 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Mon 10:26 AM||1160 km||721 miles||626 nm||SE|
|Papeete||Mon 8:26 AM||1348 km||837 miles||728 nm||W|
|Rarotonga||Mon 8:26 AM||2454 km||1525 miles||1325 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 8:26 AM||3046 km||1893 miles||1645 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Mon 1:26 PM||3061 km||1902 miles||1653 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Mon 7:26 AM||3500 km||2175 miles||1890 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 8:26 AM||3752 km||2331 miles||2026 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 7:26 AM||3805 km||2364 miles||2054 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.