Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 6:46:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 18:46:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.66 meters/second, 1536.0 km/hour, 954.4 miles/hour or 829.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.91 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.16 mi||South||15.91 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 31.5"||954.11 mi||West||0° 08' 04.7"||9.26 mi||South||953.81 mi|
|24 hours||14° 34' 35.7"||965.21 mi||East||2° 40' 40.6"||184.18 mi||South||975.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 8:46 AM||866 km||538 miles||468 nm||W|
|Taiohae||Mon 9:16 AM||890 km||553 miles||481 nm||NNE|
|Gambier Islands||Mon 9:46 AM||976 km||606 miles||527 nm||SE|
|Adamstown||Mon 10:46 AM||1492 km||927 miles||806 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 8:46 AM||1988 km||1235 miles||1074 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Tue 8:46 AM||2704 km||1680 miles||1460 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Mon 7:46 AM||3022 km||1878 miles||1632 nm||W|
|Apia *||Tue 8:46 AM||3269 km||2031 miles||1765 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 7:46 AM||3325 km||2066 miles||1795 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Mon 1:46 PM||3496 km||2172 miles||1887 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.