Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 7:16:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 19:16:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.49 meters/second, 1535.4 km/hour, 954.0 miles/hour or 829.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 28.8"||953.72 mi||West||0° 08' 01.3"||9.20 mi||South||953.42 mi|
|24 hours||14° 35' 33.2"||965.92 mi||East||2° 39' 09.9"||182.45 mi||South||975.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Mon 9:16 AM||120 km||74 miles||65 nm||SW|
|Rarotonga||Mon 9:16 AM||1265 km||786 miles||683 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Mon 11:16 AM||2129 km||1323 miles||1150 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Mon 8:16 AM||2263 km||1406 miles||1222 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 9:16 AM||2282 km||1418 miles||1232 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Tue 9:16 AM||2502 km||1555 miles||1351 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 8:16 AM||2579 km||1603 miles||1393 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 8:16 AM||2830 km||1758 miles||1528 nm||WSW|
|Suva *||Tue 8:16 AM||3493 km||2171 miles||1886 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Mon 7:16 AM||3589 km||2230 miles||1938 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.