Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 7:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 10%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 19:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 426.43 meters/second, 1535.1 km/hour, 953.9 miles/hour or 828.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.90 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||South||15.90 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 27.9"||953.59 mi||West||0° 08' 00.2"||9.18 mi||South||953.29 mi|
|24 hours||14° 35' 52.3"||966.16 mi||East||2° 38' 39.6"||181.87 mi||South||976.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Vaitape (Bora Bora)||Mon 9:26 AM||86 km||53 miles||46 nm||WNW|
|Papeete||Mon 9:26 AM||174 km||108 miles||94 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Mon 9:26 AM||1034 km||643 miles||558 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Mon 8:26 AM||2010 km||1249 miles||1085 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Tue 9:26 AM||2188 km||1359 miles||1181 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Tue 9:26 AM||2248 km||1397 miles||1214 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Tue 8:26 AM||2335 km||1451 miles||1261 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Mon 11:26 AM||2356 km||1464 miles||1272 nm||ESE|
|Nukualofa||Tue 8:26 AM||2581 km||1604 miles||1394 nm||WSW|
|Suva *||Tue 8:26 AM||3239 km||2013 miles||1749 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.