Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 10:08:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 22:08:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 425.50 meters/second, 1531.8 kilometres/hour, 951.8 miles/hour or 827.1 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.3"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 13.5"||951.50 mi||West||0° 07' 42.3"||8.83 mi||South||951.21 mi|
|24 hours||345° 19' 04.9"||969.87 mi||West||2° 30' 20.6"||172.34 mi||South||978.26 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Tue 9:08 AM||191 km||118 miles||103 nm||WSW|
|Luganville||Tue 9:08 AM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Tue 9:08 AM||671 km||417 miles||362 nm||SSW|
|Nadi *||Tue 11:08 AM||785 km||488 miles||424 nm||E|
|Lautoka *||Tue 11:08 AM||789 km||490 miles||426 nm||E|
|Suva *||Tue 11:08 AM||895 km||556 miles||483 nm||E|
|Labasa *||Tue 11:08 AM||999 km||621 miles||539 nm||E|
|Funafuti||Tue 10:08 AM||1386 km||861 miles||748 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Tue 9:08 AM||1393 km||866 miles||752 nm||NW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 11:08 AM||1610 km||1000 miles||869 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.