Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, December 10, 2012 at 10:26:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 10, 2012 at 22:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 425.40 meters/second, 1531.4 km/hour, 951.6 miles/hour or 826.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.86 mi||West||0° 00' 07.7"||0.15 mi||South||15.86 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 11.8"||951.27 mi||West||0° 07' 40.1"||8.79 mi||South||950.98 mi|
|24 hours||345° 18' 31.9"||970.27 mi||West||2° 29' 24.2"||171.26 mi||South||978.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Luganville||Tue 9:26 AM||252 km||156 miles||136 nm||NE|
|Port Vila||Tue 9:26 AM||280 km||174 miles||151 nm||E|
|Noumea||Tue 9:26 AM||556 km||345 miles||300 nm||S|
|Honiara||Tue 9:26 AM||1071 km||665 miles||578 nm||NW|
|Suva *||Tue 11:26 AM||1351 km||839 miles||729 nm||E|
|Brisbane||Tue 8:26 AM||1723 km||1071 miles||930 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Tue 10:26 AM||1754 km||1090 miles||947 nm||ENE|
|Yaren||Tue 10:26 AM||1858 km||1154 miles||1003 nm||N|
|Nukualofa||Tue 11:26 AM||2050 km||1274 miles||1107 nm||ESE|
|Cairns||Tue 8:26 AM||2122 km||1318 miles||1146 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.