Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 12:06:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 00:06:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.83 meters/second, 1529.4 km/hour, 950.3 miles/hour or 825.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.84 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||South||15.84 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 03.0"||950.01 mi||West||0° 07' 28.6"||8.57 mi||South||949.72 mi|
|24 hours||14° 44' 27.6"||972.44 mi||East||2° 24' 07.9"||165.22 mi||South||979.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Normanton||Tue 10:06 AM||70 km||44 miles||38 nm||WSW|
|Cairns||Tue 10:06 AM||437 km||272 miles||236 nm||E|
|Tennant Creek||Tue 9:36 AM||828 km||515 miles||447 nm||WSW|
|Alice Springs||Tue 9:36 AM||1065 km||662 miles||575 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 10:06 AM||1070 km||665 miles||578 nm||NE|
|Darwin||Tue 9:36 AM||1295 km||805 miles||699 nm||WNW|
|Brisbane||Tue 10:06 AM||1602 km||995 miles||865 nm||SE|
|Jayapura||Tue 9:06 AM||1660 km||1031 miles||896 nm||N|
|Adelaide *||Tue 10:36 AM||1954 km||1214 miles||1055 nm||S|
|Dili||Tue 9:06 AM||2009 km||1248 miles||1085 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.