Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 12:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 00:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.72 meters/second, 1529.0 km/hour, 950.1 miles/hour or 825.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||South||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 01.4"||949.76 mi||West||0° 07' 26.2"||8.53 mi||South||949.47 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 03.1"||972.86 mi||East||2° 23' 04.0"||164.00 mi||South||979.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Tue 9:56 AM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||SW|
|Alice Springs||Tue 9:56 AM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||SSW|
|Darwin||Tue 9:56 AM||862 km||536 miles||465 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Tue 10:26 AM||945 km||587 miles||510 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Tue 10:26 AM||1428 km||887 miles||771 nm||NE|
|Dili||Tue 9:26 AM||1581 km||982 miles||853 nm||NW|
|Jayapura||Tue 9:26 AM||1712 km||1064 miles||924 nm||NNE|
|Eucla||Tue 9:11 AM||1761 km||1094 miles||951 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Tue 9:26 AM||1872 km||1163 miles||1011 nm||N|
|Adelaide *||Tue 10:56 AM||1932 km||1201 miles||1043 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.