Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 12:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 00:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.67 meters/second, 1528.8 km/hour, 950.0 miles/hour or 825.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.1"||15.83 mi||West||0° 00' 07.5"||0.14 mi||South||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 00.5"||949.64 mi||West||0° 07' 25.1"||8.50 mi||South||949.35 mi|
|24 hours||14° 45' 20.5"||973.07 mi||East||2° 22' 32.0"||163.39 mi||South||980.11 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Tennant Creek||Tue 10:06 AM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||S|
|Alice Springs||Tue 10:06 AM||681 km||423 miles||368 nm||S|
|Darwin||Tue 10:06 AM||690 km||428 miles||372 nm||NW|
|Cairns||Tue 10:36 AM||1200 km||746 miles||648 nm||E|
|Dili||Tue 9:36 AM||1390 km||864 miles||751 nm||NW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 10:36 AM||1639 km||1018 miles||885 nm||ENE|
|Eucla||Tue 9:21 AM||1662 km||1033 miles||897 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Tue 9:36 AM||1796 km||1116 miles||970 nm||NNE|
|Manokwari||Tue 9:36 AM||1849 km||1149 miles||998 nm||N|
|Adelaide *||Tue 11:06 AM||1965 km||1221 miles||1061 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.