Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 1:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 01:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.39 meters/second, 1527.8 km/hour, 949.3 miles/hour or 824.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.9"||15.82 mi||West||0° 00' 07.4"||0.14 mi||South||15.82 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 56.1"||949.02 mi||West||0° 07' 19.2"||8.39 mi||South||948.73 mi|
|24 hours||14° 46' 47.7"||974.11 mi||East||2° 19' 51.2"||160.32 mi||South||980.71 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Broome||Tue 9:26 AM||43 km||27 miles||23 nm||SW|
|Kupang||Tue 9:26 AM||840 km||522 miles||453 nm||N|
|Suai||Tue 10:26 AM||972 km||604 miles||525 nm||NNE|
|Ende||Tue 9:26 AM||982 km||610 miles||530 nm||N|
|Same||Tue 10:26 AM||1018 km||632 miles||550 nm||NNE|
|Dili||Tue 10:26 AM||1062 km||660 miles||574 nm||NNE|
|Darwin||Tue 10:56 AM||1065 km||662 miles||575 nm||ENE|
|Denpasar||Tue 9:26 AM||1273 km||791 miles||687 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Tue 10:56 AM||1358 km||844 miles||733 nm||ESE|
|Makassar||Tue 9:26 AM||1427 km||887 miles||771 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.