Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 2:26:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 02:26:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.06 meters/second, 1526.6 km/hour, 948.6 miles/hour or 824.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.8"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 51.1"||948.28 mi||West||0° 07' 12.0"||8.25 mi||South||947.99 mi|
|24 hours||14° 48' 30.5"||975.33 mi||East||2° 16' 36.4"||156.60 mi||South||981.41 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Tue 9:26 AM||858 km||533 miles||463 nm||NNW|
|Surakarta||Tue 9:26 AM||1170 km||727 miles||631 nm||NNE|
|Malang||Tue 9:26 AM||1192 km||741 miles||644 nm||NNE|
|Bandung||Tue 9:26 AM||1205 km||749 miles||650 nm||N|
|Semarang||Tue 9:26 AM||1222 km||759 miles||660 nm||NNE|
|Surabaya||Tue 9:26 AM||1269 km||789 miles||685 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Tue 10:26 AM||1271 km||790 miles||686 nm||NE|
|Jakarta||Tue 9:26 AM||1297 km||806 miles||700 nm||N|
|Bengkulu||Tue 9:26 AM||1676 km||1041 miles||905 nm||NNW|
|Palembang||Tue 9:26 AM||1679 km||1043 miles||906 nm||NNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.