Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 2:34:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 02:34:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.02 meters/second, 1526.5 km/hour, 948.5 miles/hour or 824.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.8"||15.81 mi||West||0° 00' 07.2"||0.14 mi||South||15.81 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 50.4"||948.18 mi||West||0° 07' 11.0"||8.24 mi||South||947.90 mi|
|24 hours||14° 48' 44.0"||975.49 mi||East||2° 16' 10.3"||156.10 mi||South||981.50 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|The Settlement||Tue 9:34 AM||811 km||504 miles||438 nm||N|
|Bandung||Tue 9:34 AM||1215 km||755 miles||656 nm||N|
|Surakarta||Tue 9:34 AM||1244 km||773 miles||672 nm||NNE|
|Semarang||Tue 9:34 AM||1283 km||797 miles||693 nm||NNE|
|Jakarta||Tue 9:34 AM||1293 km||804 miles||698 nm||N|
|Malang||Tue 9:34 AM||1299 km||807 miles||702 nm||NE|
|Surabaya||Tue 9:34 AM||1367 km||849 miles||738 nm||NNE|
|Denpasar||Tue 10:34 AM||1408 km||875 miles||760 nm||NE|
|Bengkulu||Tue 9:34 AM||1609 km||1000 miles||869 nm||NNW|
|Palembang||Tue 9:34 AM||1648 km||1024 miles||890 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.