Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 6:36:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Thursday, December 6, 2012 at 3:33 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Thursday, December 13, 2012 at 8:43 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 11, 2012 at 06:36:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.72 meters/second, 1521.8 km/hour, 945.6 miles/hour or 821.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.4"||15.76 mi||West||0° 00' 06.6"||0.13 mi||South||15.76 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 30.3"||945.28 mi||West||0° 06' 41.1"||7.67 mi||South||945.01 mi|
|24 hours||14° 55' 16.1"||980.03 mi||East||2° 02' 45.3"||140.73 mi||South||984.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Antananarivo||Tue 9:36 AM||94 km||59 miles||51 nm||SW|
|Toamasina||Tue 9:36 AM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||E|
|Antsirabe||Tue 9:36 AM||210 km||130 miles||113 nm||SSW|
|Mahajanga||Tue 9:36 AM||344 km||214 miles||186 nm||NW|
|Fianarantsoa||Tue 9:36 AM||367 km||228 miles||198 nm||SSW|
|Antsiranana||Tue 9:36 AM||676 km||420 miles||365 nm||N|
|Mamoutzou||Tue 9:36 AM||684 km||425 miles||369 nm||NNW|
|Toliara||Tue 9:36 AM||728 km||453 miles||393 nm||SW|
|Mutsamudu||Tue 9:36 AM||787 km||489 miles||425 nm||NNW|
|Saint-Paul||Tue 10:36 AM||807 km||501 miles||436 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.